Changing Weather Means Time To Change Your Filter Bag!
A new season calls for a deep clean. Get ready to gather cleaning supplies to make your home shine. When tackling an ever-increasing to-do list, don't forget about maintaining the tools that keep your home clean. Your high-suction vacuum, in particular, will need some attention to ensure that it keeps your home feeling fresh and clean in the long run.
This is the perfect time to swap out your filter bag. HEPA filters may be the gold standard of modern vacuums but they accomplish little if they're clogged or overused. While this is just one of the many necessary cleaning and maintenance tasks you encounter each season, it's a quick fix and could make a significant difference.
Some of the common vacuum cleaner concerns include:
- How often to change vacuum filters.
- How to tell when a HEPA filter needs to be replaced.
- The long-term impact of vacuum cleaner HEPA filter replacement.
The Importance of HEPA Filter Vacuum Replacements
Your vacuum is the powerhouse when cleaning your home, but your filter is what ensures a clean home. The filter traps dust, dirt, and debris, rather than allowing all this to disperse throughout your home. Without a high-quality filter, it would be easy for dirt to escape which limits how much you actually accomplish while you vacuum.
HEPA (high-efficiency particulate air) filters amplify these results by capturing a greater share of particles. These impressive filter bags remove a significant share of contaminants from your home, ensuring that it's not only more aesthetically pleasing but also, a more comfortable environment.
Through the very act of helping you clean, HEPA filters collect a significant amount of dirt and debris, to the point that they are no longer able to properly remove it from your home. Though filters do not provide a one-and-done solution, Benefits to replacing your vacuum filter does include the following:
- Replacements extend the life of your vacuum. If you think of your vacuum cleaner as an investment piece that should stand the test of time, you'll want to treat it as such by committing to proper maintenance. Regular filter changes are a core part of this process. With an older filter, your vacuum needs to work harder to achieve the same results. This can place a lot of strain on your vacuum.
- New filters are better at removing particles. HEPA filters provide big promises regarding their ability to remove particulate matter from your home. While they don't technically exaggerate, these lofty expectations only apply to newer, cleaner filters. Once you've changed an old filter, you'll see for yourself just how effectively your refreshed vacuum takes unsightly debris out of the picture. Just as important, however, are the effects you don't see: cleaner air that makes your home a lot more comfortable and welcoming.
- Pet owners see huge improvements after swapping filters. While a new filter can make a huge difference in any home, the impact is especially noteworthy when pets are involved. All the advantages we've highlighted above can be amplified, particularly if pet-related odors are consistently a problem in your home.
How Often to Change HEPA Filters in Your Vacuum
Now that you know why filter updates matter, you might be wondering when to replace HEPA filters. There's no simple answer; a lot depends on how often you use your vacuum and how heavy of a mess it typically needs to clean. Homes with pets and children will almost certainly require more attention, with some filters needing updates as often as monthly or every other month. Most homes, however, only require replacement once a season.
Visual checks can prove helpful, as your filter may get more clogged in some seasons than others. If you haven't replaced your filter in a while, and it appears to be less than pristine, it's almost certainly time for a replacement. Many filter bags include 'full' lines that make it easy to determine when they are ready for replacement.
Plenty of people understand the importance of replacing their HEPA filters and still struggle to do so regularly. Once you've determined how often these replacements are required, set official dates on your calendar to remind yourself of this essential task. If possible, invest in multi-packs so you always have new filter bags on hand.
As you replace your filter, pay close attention to manufacturer recommendations. You need to feel confident that the new filter fits your specific model, not to mention the adapter in question. Genuine filter bags, that are designed for your vacuum, provide the best performance while also extending the life of this critical cleaning tool.
Your vacuum cleaner plays a huge role in making your home as pleasant as possible. Give it the attention and care it deserves by maintaining its filters and changing them when necessary. You'll thank yourself for taking this simple step towards making your home a beautiful and inviting place.